Resources - At 11 Allen St
If you want to make your own pads, there are lots of resources online. Youtube videos and patterns free to community groups and for self use. If you make pads to sell, please buy the pattern rights as well as inform the designers that you are using their patterns.
I only want to give you a fast start into your searches. I always find more amazing things when I look.
The Studio at 11 Allen Street is my base for the project. IT is the physical space where 3 sewing machines are housed for this project. we have:
- KAM snaps with press in many colours 10 c each
- PUL fabric for pads and liners (about $1 per pad)
- PUL for wetbags (size dependent)
- access to Janome 6050 sewing machines for intermediate to advanced sewers after an introductory sewing class (at Stitch Kitchen or by appointment)
- scissors, pins and sewing thread for pad making during sewing bees
- If you need supervision for sewing, and fabrics for toppers, you have the option to go to Stitch Kitchen at 474 Princess St.
Please contact me if you are interested.